Bzcommand.com
January 25, 2020, 07:33:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Battlezone Command Community.
FishDotXSI  BattlezoneComplex  Bz2MD  BzScrap  BattlezoneRealm BattlezoneForums Bz2maps.us

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Login Register   **
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I started a modeling forum for making BZII models with Truespace.  (Read 4778 times)
BNG
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:44:27 PM »

Battlezone II Modeling Tutorials using Truespace 7.6 Beta 8 Modelside TS 6.6. More will be added as time allows. The tutorials are generic enough to be used with most 3d model making software that can import and export the X format. Model conversions to XSI are done using 3d Exploration version 1.5.5. Peace, BNG.

Update: I've moved away from using GSL to Truespace 7.61 Beta 8, so new BZII Modeling Tutorials are written for TS use in the BZII forum. This is mostly due to the pathetic save limitations of Gamespace Lite. TS, has no such poly limits and offers far more export formats as well as a ton of advanced features. Here's an updated link to the TS based BZII 3d Modeling Tutorials. The forum also has a new BZ like visual look.
Download Truespace 7.6 at CNET. There is also a link on the forum to download Truespace 7.61 Beta 8. I also have an improved X exporter available as well. This exporter is a plugin based TSX that installs in TS's plugin folder. It supports textures and animation and converts well from X to XSI using 3D Exploration.

I've started posting animation tutorials for making the animated models like the ISDF Walker. I plan to add a few more in the future so check the forum from time to time to see what's new. Thx, BNG. I've become somewhat of a rogue elephant on Mates BZII forum so I ditched the site in favor of more amiable sites like here and BZ2MOD. Mates forum doesn't really favor modeling tutorials from what I've encountered.
GreenHeart
Thunderbolt

20th Century Development

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 11:18:05 AM »

how about typing out the tutorial on bzcommand, i believe i gave you the ability to post images as well.

Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achieve your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learn each time since its apart of the learning process.
BNG
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:47:06 AM »

What does typing it out means GreenHeart?
GreenHeart
Thunderbolt

20th Century Development

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 12:02:07 AM »

i think that means put the tutorial on this site, instead of on another. i believe i gave you access to upload images.

Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achieve your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learn each time since its apart of the learning process.
BNG
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »

I can see why Slaor loved using Truespace on the FE community project. I love using it too. Anyways, the modeling tutorials are heavily based on using Caligari Gamespace and Truespace modeling software based although considering that all software is basically the same these tutorials should be adaptable to other modeling software like Anim8or 3D and Blender 3D. I don't really recommend GMAX as it produces sub standard BZII models due to the lack of a suitable model exporter and lacks animation support because it's basically a demo version of Studio Max.

The weblink is Feel free to visit the modeling forum to ask questions, use the tutorials and download files that I post. They include some basic models, Truespace plugin addons, and articles on how to more or less create models and props for BZII using Caligari Truespace modeling software. I also have some ODF tutorials. I recently added one for creating your first ISDF Walker. I finally got a handle on keyframe animation in TS and believe it or not it's not all that hard to do.

PS: I found a cool new Truespace TSX based DirectX exporter plugin that's prefect for converting X models to XSI with 3d Exploration. It even exports animation data for creating the more complicated BZII models like Walkers.  Grin

PPS: I also found another modeling software called Anim8or and a customized XSI export written for use with Combat Commander. The exporter is still a WIP, but it currently can export simple working models for BZII. It's really easy to use and does not have a lot of complicated modeling tools. It's basically a good starter application for new to 3D model makers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: