Bzcommand.com
March 20, 2019, 09:11:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Battlezone Command Community.
FishDotXSI  BattlezoneComplex  Bz2MD  BzScrap  BattlezoneRealm BattlezoneForums Bz2maps.us

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Login Register Mantis   **
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Generic weapon fill-in-the-blank mod files  (Read 2199 times)
DaddyM0E
Scrap

« on: January 23, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »

I've read and used Greenheart's Weapon mod tutorial to make myself (and any other unit that uses that weapon) a true force to be reckoned with. However, I'm afraid that I get bogged down a bit by the time I get around to actually modding my own weapons for the game from scratch. Really, I'm just looking to make one weapon, named two different things because of the build requirements of each race. I only want that weapon as a special drop from say, the armory, so that if I am fighting against my "own" race, the AI would not know to use it. I understand that it takes a lot of time and patience to learn how to mod, and I appreciate every moment that you good folks have put into the community out of your personal time. I was just hoping to find some pre-built weapon files that I could just tweak a bit and then have a go at it.
General BlackDragon
Sober Scavenger

You are my sun shine...my only sun shine...

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »

You can take any of the "pre built" weapon files, they're in Data and Patch13 .PAK files. Use pak explorer available at www.bzscrap.org to open them and extract the specific files to addon. Smiley

*****General BlackDragon*****
DaddyM0E
Scrap

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 07:34:29 PM »

True, but I have changed my desire to a less....ambitious, desire....for now.   Grin
I have the files for the "Rave Gun" that came with the latest add-on and such, amped up and all. I know some have the ".txt" extensions that must be removed from most of the files to function. After seeing the Armory layout in PAK explorer, it seemed easy to add it into the armory ODF file by just adding another option to the build menu. However, I'm not sure if I can just add it right in. I'll try to clarify.

Addon/Rave Gun folder has 5 files.
aptech.inf
aptech.odf.txt
grave00.wav
gtechno.odf.txt
techno.odf.txt

I have copied and pasted them into the "addon" folder where I know they should work from as I have tweaked a minigun and found it....more-than-effective....against the enemy, and ,sadly, my own units. Umm.. OOOPS!

My dilemma is this. Which files must be linked where? I know that at least one file-name has to to be added into the build structure of the armory menu so that it can be BUILT by the armory. Is there anything else beyond that that needs to be done?
BzCommand
Administrator

Forum Staff

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 12:53:41 PM »

bz2 won't load the .odf.txt, remove the .txt from the highlighted areas in your post to get them to load properly.
DaddyM0E
Scrap

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 07:36:09 PM »

Point1: before reading your reply, I *did*, somehow, manage to get it to function with he " .txt " on the end. Not trying to say that your wrong, just observing. Or at least I *THINK* i got it working without the txt extension...hmmm....

Point2: was going to post my config files, but, maybe I ought to take a closer look and remove the TXT extension as I can build an armory that *supposed* to have a "further-modded" version of the Rave Gun (Thanks to Ken Miller, the original architect of the mod) because the "slot" that is supposed to show the weapon as a build-able object, is coming up as a blank.

Hopefully, will come back with some useful info for others.

Love this game....loved the old coin-operated one, and it just keeps getting better.   Grin
DaddyM0E
Scrap

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 07:53:34 PM »

Nevermind, you were right....I was wrong....I'll admit it...because having the mod is totally AWESOME!!!
Yes, taking the TXT extensions off the files worked GLORIOUSLY! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Grin
DaddyM0E
Scrap

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 08:00:21 PM »

Although, I wonder if I should still post the text of the files modded, here, for those that will want to do their own. There *IS* a "recipe" to all this. Confusing at first. A lot of trial-and-error. But, in the end, glorious, GLORIOUS weapons fire and enemies that blow up within a second..or two...
Actually... I probably ought to town my mod down a bit...if a friendly hits a friendly...well....you'll lose units..and they're not all that bright.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: